Thursday, November 14, 2013

observation #4

My observation this week was a little disappointing due to the fact that almost all of the life I have been observing in my micro aquarium has ceased, or at least seems to be nonexistant. I found most of the organisms I observed in my 2nd and 3rd observations but there were far fewer and most seemed to be either dead or extremely inactive. Professor McFarland instructed my lab partner and I to add another beta food pellet to our micro aquariums after we were finished with our observations so that we will have more to observe next week.



 above: Anabaena (Russel, Rainis 1996)


above: unknown


above: unknown

Bibliography,
Rainis, Kenneth G., and Bruce J. Russell. Guide to Microlife. Danbury Conn.: New York, 1996. Print.
Patterson, D. J. Free-living Freshwater Protozoa: A Colour Guide. London: Manson, 1996. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment